A DIFFERENT KIND OF PLAYBOOK

Monday, December 20, 2010

2010: The Loss of the Boss

My first post was entitled, Family, Sports, and Memories and I wrote about my most vivid memory of my dad which involved the previous Yankee Stadium, so it is fitting that my last post for 2010 focus on Mr. Steinbrenner a.k.a. "The Boss."   Steinbrenner suffered a major heart attack and died in Tampa, FL at the age of 80.   The sports world lost a major icon that I don't believe we will ever see again.  

Steinbrenner was a key reason why the Yankees were so successful.  Under his 37-year command, the Yankees won  7 World Series titles and 11 penants.  Those championships which brought a lot of smiles to Yankee fans including my dad and I am sure many tears to the Boston Red Sox fans.  Okay, so they beat us once. The Yankees still have 27 World Championship banners and rings! 

Instead of writing a sentimental post six months after the death of "The Boss," I will share a photo that I think embodies his personality and legacy.




Rest in Peace, Mr. Steinbrenner!

P.S. Happy Holidays! 

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your hard work and want you to know it doesn’t go unnoticed. Thank you for giving us insights and inspirations. This article is really helpful and informative. We would like to see more updates from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete