A DIFFERENT KIND OF PLAYBOOK

Monday, December 20, 2010

My Favorite 2010 Sports Moments

Since I created my blog in September, the majority of my posts have focused on the National Football League but it if you read my first post and About Me then you know my love of sports goes beyond the football field.   I dedicate this post to two of my favorite teams!
    #1:  Knicks Sign Amare Stoudemire
The New York Knicks like most NBA teams were after Lebron James and made every effort to convince him to join the team.  Well, everyone knows he went to Miami.   The Knicks made their move and signed former Phoenix Suns Amare Stoudemire to a five year deal worth close to $100 million.  He has helped the Knicks become relevant with his MVP style play.  He has been named the Eastern Conference player of the month and set a new NY Knicks record with 8 straight games of scoring 30+ points.  By the way, the Knicks who haven't been in the playoffs since 2003-2004 are currently in 5th place and the Garden is rocking again with chants of "Defense."

#2 Jets Three Comeback Wins

The New York Jets were down 20-10 with 4:26 to play in the fourth quarter against the Detroit Lions.  There was a lot of curing and yelling going on.  Don't worry, I followed my own advice on how to watch a game with a sports fan.    My heart was racing, the butterflies in my stomach were going at warp speed, and the pacing began. Then the magic happened! The Jets score twice to tie the game, force overtime, and win it with a 30-yard Nick Folk field goal.  
"I want to apologize to all the Jets fans for affecting the heart a little bit," coach Rex Ryan said. 

The Jets do raise my blood pressure!  Coach Ryan was preparing us for the next comeback wins against the Cleveland Browns and the Houston Texans.   In case you missed it, Santonio Holmes caught a 6-yard touchdown pass from Mark Sanchez with 10 seconds left to win 30-27 over the Houston Texan. Oh yeah and he ran a 37-yard touchdown pass from Mark Sanchez with 16 seconds left against the Browns! 
P.S. What were your 2010 favorite sports moments?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite 2010 sports moment was when the New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl on my birthday last February. I've never been a football fan; in fact, the only other Superbowl I ever watched involved the Chicago Bears, because they had a music video at the time. However, I was fully invested in last year's game because I was pulling for not only a team that had long been underdogs, but the city they call home. New Orleans needed the win as much as Drew Brees and Co. did. When he lifted up his young son on the field at the game's conclusion, Brees unconsciously created a moment that no New Orleanian will ever forget. WHODAT?!

    ReplyDelete