A DIFFERENT KIND OF PLAYBOOK

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Ultimate Gift for Any Sportsfan

A few weeks ago, Steffen, my husband, turned to me and said, "So, my mom is getting us a television for Christmas."  My immediate reaction was "Why?  We already have a 36" television in the living room and a 32" in the bedroom."  Honestly, at that point, there was nothing I could say because his smile started in NYC and ended in Australia.   Steffen researched televisions like an overachiever studies for a final and the following Saturday my mother-in-law, Steffen, and I walked into Sam's Club.  We were in the electronics section for at least 45 minutes and, at one point, I giggled when Steffen walked over to a 55" television because it would look like a movie screen in our living room.  We finally settled on a 47" Vizio Razor LED LCD HDTV television and let me just state that I am so happy that I let Steffen's excitement convince me to stop protesting the gift.   This was the best gift and, if you know any sports fans, for them as well. 

Unfortunately, the first game we watched on our new television was the NY Jets vs. New England Patriots Monday night game, which my beloved Jets got their behinds tossed from one end of the Gillette Stadium to the other.  It was terrible to watch them lose with such clarity.  On the flip side, it is amazing to watch my teams win!   The NY Jets won a nail biter, stomach ache inducing game against the Pittsburgh Steelers today. A NY Jets win never looked so good.  Before losing to the Miami HEAT and Boston Celtics, the New York Knicks were riding a 7-game winning streak.  As we watched the New York Knicks run fast breaks, rebound, and dunk, it felt like we were at the game.  The colors are vivid and the clarity is amazing!  You can see the finest details including the beads of sweat from the players' foreheads standing on the free-throw line.  The defense looked crisper, the players seemed to run faster, and the crowd was louder than ever.  Never mind.  That was us pumping up the volume.   Next gift on the list is Bose Home Theater Sound System.  I am not sure which system but I am sure Steffen will do his homework. 

P.S.  What is your favorite holiday gift?

1 comment:

  1. On the sports tip, my boyfriend got the Drew Brees autobio, which I plan to read this year. Earlier in the year I received the Andre Agassi one as a gift, and it ranks as one of the best books I've ever read, sports memoir or no.

    ReplyDelete